Massage Chairs are like cars and their price depends on various features and factors. Just like for cars there is an entry level Maruti Alto, mid level Hyundai i20, and luxury cars like Audi and Mercedes that cater to different market segmens, the price of the massage chair depends on the size, looks, features, luxury, quality of components, reputation, country of manufacture, brand desirability, etc.
So we’ll explain each of these to help you better understand what to expect and what to pay for a massage chair in India.
As a disclaimer - From a product positioning standpoint, Osada occupies a high-quality mid-high price position like Hyundai or a Honda. We feel this is the best because most Indians seek quality and value without compromising on features or quality. Even though Indians can afford luxury most wouldn’t necessarily pay exorbitant amounts just for a brand’s slick marketing or hype.
So here's the guide to the average price range to expect and the features for massage chairs in India.
Budget Entry Level Massage Chairs: Price Range- ₹ 1,00,000- ₹ 1,50,000
Example- Osada Classic Massage Chair
These are the chairs that started the massage chair revolution 20 years ago. These are good entry level massage chair for those that abolutely can't afford to pay a higher amount. What it includes
· Back rollers go up and down on a guide rail and can also vary in width (going narrow and wide) called 2D. These chairs are usually S Track and only go from the neck to lower back.
· Full recline or zero gravity position which is the least stress position your body can be in. The more you recline the back, the stronger the massage feels as your body is laying on the rollers dictating the pressure. Hand massage, Calf massage, Foot massage,
2D Massage Chair: Price Range- ₹ 1,75,000- ₹ 2,50,000
Example- Osada Premium Massage Chair
These are the most commonly purchased massage chairs and constitute the majority of sales worldwide. Most manufacturers don’t really market based on 2D or 3D just as car makers don't market their cars using the number of cylinders in the engine.
There are several 2D machines that perform and feel better than a 3D machine. 3D machines are also considered unnecessary by many except that need extra deep tissue massage.
· Back rollers (2D)
· Heating – Back and Foot
· Hand massage
· Calf massage
· Foot massage
· Foot Rollers (optional)
· Speakers (Optional)
· Bluetooth (Optional)
· Phone Charging (Optional)
3D Massage Chair: Price Range- ₹ 2,50,000- ₹ 4,00,000
Example- Osada Premium Plus 3D Massage Chair
3D Models have the additional benefit of back rollers moving into and away from back to change pressure more accurately. Adding 3D alone adds around ₹50,000-1,00,000 to the price of a 2D chair but these chairs are also loaded with lots of other luxury features so the increase in cost could be even more than Rs 1 lac (just like the extra features in luxury cars). The extra features typically include
· Bluetooth connection
· Head massage - not recommended
· Mobile app control
· More airbags
· More Automatic programs
Ultra-Luxury Massage Chairs: Price Range- ₹ 3,00,000-₹ 6,00,000
Example- Osada Prestige Massage Chair
Ultra-Premium models have the same features as 3D chairs but with
· More luxurious looks
· Custom massage programs that can be saved
· High level finishes like leather or
· Glossy futuristic capsules,
· mobile apps with gimmicky controls,
· Knobs and controls like you find luxury cars
· Plush first class seats and pads
· 4D (which is not possible) is just a marketing hype and the seller will usually claim that the motors speeds are variable or reversible or something silly like that. The jury is out on whether this is significantly better. We haven't heard of 5D yet but expect to soon.