Massage Chairs are like cars and their price depends on a number of things. Just like in cars there is Maruti Alto, Hyundai i20, Audi A4 and Mercedes S Class that cater to different markets, similarly the price of the massage chair depends on size, looks, features, luxury, quality, country of manufacture, brand, etc.
So we’ll try and explain each of these to help you better understand what to expect and what to pay for a massage chair. From a product positioning standpoint,
Osada occupies a high-quality mid-price position like Hyundai. We feel this is the best for India because Indians seek good value without compromising on features or quality. Even though Indians can afford luxury they wouldn’t pay exorbitant amounts just for a brand’s slick marketing or hype. This explains why high-quality high-priced brands like the iPhone or Porsche are popular and sought after but don't sell as much in India as the high-quality mid-priced brands like Samsung or Audi give customers a ‘Paisa Vasool’ (Got My Money’s Worth) feeling. Have more questions, email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Osada's prices are lower than similar products because
- we buy select models of these chairs in large quantities
- from select reputed OEM suppliers to the top massage brands in the world
- for the exact features we feel are necessary
- avoid middlemen, dealers, wholesalers
- avoid expensive advertising
- avoid expensive showrooms
So here's the guide to average price range to expect and the features for massage chairs in India.
Massage Cushion Pad for Chair or Car
Basic Roller Massage in back with heat. Needs to be placed on chair or car-seat. Quality of massage very poor as no way to put pressure on back except leaning back.
Price Range- ₹ 7,000- ₹ 20,000
From Basic Rollers for Foot (₹10,000) to Massagers that massage calves with airbags that are more expensive. Pretty good alternative for people that don’t need back massages or don’t have space at home for a massage chair.
Price Range- ₹ 10,000 -₹ 35,000
Fashion Massage Chair
Basic Rollers only for back. Sometimes may include calf massage. Used by people that don’t want or can’t keep a massage chair in their living room. The massage quality is poor.
Price Range-₹ 65,000- ₹ 95,000
Budget Full Body Massage Chairs
These are the chairs that started the massage chair revolution 20 years ago. Good entry level massage chair to get an idea of what a real massage chair can do. What it includes
· Back rollers go up and down on a guide rail and can also vary in width (going narrow and wide) called 2D
· Full recline or zero gravity position which is the least stress position your body can be in. The more you recline the back, the stronger the massage feels as your body is laying on the rollers dictating the pressure. Hand massage, Calf massage, Foot massage,
Price Range- ₹ 1,00,000- ₹ 1,50,000
Full Feature Luxury 2D Massage Chair
These are the most commonly purchased massage chairs and constitute the majority of sales worldwide. Most manufacturers don’t really market based on 2D or 3D just as car makers don't market their cars using the number of cylinders in the engine . We are just specifying it as it determines the cost -as 3D costs more.
There are several 2D machines that perform and feel better than a 3D machine. 3D machines are also considered unnecessary by many except that need extra deep tissue massage.
· Back rollers (2D)
· Heating – Back and Foot
· Hand massage
· Calf massage
· Foot massage
· Foot Rollers (optional)
· Speakers (Optional)
· Bluetooth (Optional)
· Phone Charging (Optional)
Price Range- ₹ 1,25,000- ₹ 3,00,000
Full Feature Luxury 3D Massage Chair
3D Models have the additional benefit of back rollers moving into and away from back to change pressure more accurately. Adding 3D adds around ₹40,000-50,000 to the price of a 2D chair but these chairs are also loaded with lots of other fancy features so they could cost even Rs 1 lac more. The extra features typically include
· Bluetooth connection
· Calf Kneading
· Head massage - not recommended
· Mobile app control
· More airbags
· More Automatic programs
Price Range- ₹ 2,00,000- ₹ 4,00,000
Ultra-Luxury Massage Chairs
Ultra-Premium models have the same features as 3D chairs but with
· More luxurious looks
· Custom massage programs that can be saved
· High level finishes like leather or
· Glossy futuristic capsules,
· mobile apps with gimmicky controls,
· Knobs and controls like you find luxury cars
· Plush first class seats and pads
· 4D (which is not possible) is just a marketing hype used to mean the motors speeds are variable. The jury is out on whether this is significantly better. 5D is false.
Price Range- ₹ 4,00,000-₹ 7,00,000